Friday, January 8, 2010

Jesus Christ - 'two most explosive words,' says Hume

He recognizes that openly expressing faith in Jesus Christ offends a lot of people. "People rage about this," he said. "It's very offensive to those who don't share the faith, [and] it's offensive to some people who claim they do share the faith. This is to be expected, and it has been happening to people who proclaim their faith in Christ for as long as anybody can remember -- this is part of the deal."

Jesus Christ - 'two most explosive words,' says Hume (OneNewsNow.com)

Comments: Brit Hume gets it. Jesus Christ is a stumbling stone for those who will not believe.

Romans 9:33 (King James Version)

33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Surprisingly this comes as a shock to many Christians. The great white hope Ronald Regan and then (I’m a Christian) George Bush and who can forget born again Jimmy Carter, all were expected to bring Jesus Christ into main stream acceptance. No luck. I guess the Bible did not say Jesus Christ will be a stumbling stone unless and until you elect a Christian leader.

The world (sounds big) will hate you.

John 15:18-176 (King James Version)

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

Hearing Brit Hume’s comments one can not help but remember the words of Jesus Christ.

Mark 8:38 (King James Version)

38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Luke 9:26 (King James Version)

26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Good for you Brit Hume.

No comments: