Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Fine, Upstanding, Christian Position

Laura Bush Supports Gay Marriage, Abortion - ABC News

In response to a question about gay marriage, she said, "There are a lot of people who have trouble coming to terms with that because they see marriage as traditionally between a man and a woman. But I also know that, you know, when couples are committed to each other and love each other, that they ought to have, I think, the same sort of rights that everyone has."

Mrs. Bush said she and the ex-president "disagree" on legalizing same-sex marriage.

...

The ex-first lady also told King she believes abortion should remain legal, an opinion she suggested she held on the President Bush's first day in office in 2001.


Comments: I will have many things for which to answer on the day I stand before the Seat of Judgment. Which is why the blood of Christ covering our sins is such a big deal (in Christianese). We all have our own issues. Many believe all sins are the same but others break them into more or less severe with corresponding consequences. I guess it depends on your flavor of "Christianity". But in the recesses of my mind, I am glad the one sin I will not have to negotiate (in the event negotiations arise) is killing or supporting the killing of babies. Maybe it's just me but that sounds like a good one to avoid.

Again we are reminded that, who we think we are sending to that great white house is likely to be, in reality, vastly different than the person of our propaganda shaped imaginations.

No comments: